Letting a clogged drain go untreated can lead to a very messy and costly situation. It is always a good idea to be aware of your drains and any problems that they may be having. Here are a few warning signs that you may need professional drain cleaning services:
Signs That You Need Professional Drain Cleaning Services
- Slow Drains – A clogged or slow-moving drain might seem like a small problem, but it can quickly turn into a much bigger issue. Slow drains can indicate a variety of problems, such as the early stages of a clog, pipes that have been narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or even improper grading of your drainage system. By calling for professional drain cleaning services as soon as you notice slow drains, you can pinpoint the source of the problem and correct it before it escalates into bigger problems, including damaged or broken pipes.
- Recurring Clogs – Bathtub and shower drains as well as bathroom sink drains are especially prone to stubborn clogs because of all the hair that gets washed down them. If you have to clean the hair out of your drain frequently, chances are you’re not succeeding in removing the entire clog each time. In any case where a clog returns after you’ve attempted to clear it yourself, you need to hire an expert for professional drain cleaning services. They have the proper tools needed to tackle the clog.
- Multiple Clogged Drains – If more than one drain becomes clogged at the same time in your home, you probably have a clog somewhere in your main drain system rather than in the drains of the individual fixtures. You won’t be able to reach this clog yourself using plungers or chemical drain cleaners. Instead, professional drain cleaning services are needed to reach deep into your system and eliminate the clog.
- Bad Odor – Persistent sewer odors coming from a drain or drains in your home can be a sign of a major drainage issue that should definitely be checked out by a professional. It is quite possible that pollutants have built up in your drain, causing that foul odor to seep into the home. When you call a professional, you can get an expert assessment of the actual problem. Sometimes the odor can be eliminated through thorough professional drain cleaning services, and in other cases you may need to replace broken sewer pipes in order to restore proper drainage to permanently eliminate the issue.
- Water Accumulating – One of the worst problems associated with clog drains is a sewage backup. If you notice evidence of water flooring in your basement and/or near a floor drain, this could indicate a clog and it may just be a matter of time before the drain stops working completely and you end up with contaminated water all over your floor. Getting professional drain cleaning services the moment you notice standing water can help prevent the situation from becoming a hefty expense.
Richie ‘D’ Drain Cleaning, LLC offers professional drain cleaning services and other sewer cleaning services to the Bergen County and Hudson County area in towns such as North Bergen, Harrison, Hoboken, Union City, Jersey City, West New York, Hackensack, Rutherford, Lodi, Englewood, and many more. For more information, contact us at (201) 583-9339 or visit our website.