A clogged drain can be a common and annoying issue in just about any household. Luckily, there are many clogged drain repair methods you can try before hiring a professional. Here are some helpful clogged drain repair tips:
Tips on Clogged Drain Repair
- To clear a clogged drain, try this simple technique before attempting to use any commercial chemical product: Pour 1/2 cup of salt down the drain followed by boiling water. Continue to flush with very hot tap water until the clog is clear.
- Try pouring a cup of plain yogurt down the drain and leave it for several hours.
- Is your drain clogged from hair going down the drain? If you have Nair laying around you can try to pour a bottle down your drain. Let it sit for about a half an hour, then put hot water down the drain. It will clean out and keep working on the gunk and hair further down the line as it continues to move down the pipes and drains.
- Put some disk soup (such as Dawn) down your drain. Follow it with some hot water and it should do the trick to unclog your drain.
- For slow-running drains, you can shake a half box of baking soda down the drain, then dump in one cup of vinegar. It should bubble and foam, so you may want to cover with a towel. When it stops foaming, flush the drain with very hot water for 2-3 minutes.
- If you can get at the drain pipe, open it up. Get a water hose, put the hose up thru the drain pipe and turn your water on. It will hit the clog and wash it out. No chemicals are involved in this clogged drain repair method and it usually works.
- If you’re tired of clogged drains in the house, one way to clear up your plumbing is by using a simple plunger. Though most people use the plunger for toilets, remember that you can use a separate one for other applications, including drain cleaning a sink.
- When using a plunger, use a great deal of force to press the plunger handle down over the drain obstruction. Wait a minute and then see if the clog is cleared. You can then repeat the drain cleaning process as necessary.
- Still having problems with clogged drains? No chemical or clogged drain repair tip will work as effectively as a $30 drain clearing snake that you can buy at your local plumbing or hardware store. If all else fails, you will need to call a local professional and have him take a look at it.
If you’ve got a clogged drain, Richie ‘D’ Drain Cleaning, LLC offers professional clogged drain repair services and sewer cleaning services to the Bergen County and Hudson County area in towns such as North Bergen, Harrison, Hoboken, Union City, Jersey City, West New York, Hackensack, Rutherford, Lodi, Englewood, Bayonne, and many more. For more information, contact us at (201) 583-9339 or visit our website.