As a good preventive measure you should get Hudson County sewer line cleaning services every 1 1/2-2 years. If you are experiencing problems more often than that, you may need to call a drain cleaning company to schedule a video inspection of your pipes. Your drain cleaner will insert a video camera down through your pipes to help visually determine what other issues may be causing your sewer back-ups. That video inspection will then enable them to make the proper recommendation for whichever repair is necessary to correct the problem.
The Warning Signs That Indicate You Need Hudson County Sewer Line Cleaning
There are several things that could cause sewer back-ups and they are not all due to dirty pipes. Sometimes they are, but not always.
- Roots: Tree roots penetrating your pipes are the number one cause associated with sewer back-ups. The roots grow into the pipes and will continue to grow until they fill the pipes completely. Or, in many cases, the roots will break the pipes, creating an even bigger problem. A video inspection will help confirm if you have tree roots growing in your pipes.
- Bellied Piping: A bellied pipe is simply a sag in your pipe. A sag can occur when part of your pipe slopes down, which creates a “belly” effect. This is usually caused when the soil around your pipe becomes loose and breaks, making the soil around your pipe unstable and allowing it to sink. Over time, a bellied pipe will allow waste to accumulate at the bellied part of the pipe, which in turn will create a blockage. A video inspection will tell your plumber all he needs to know and how to proceed with the proper repair.
- Grease: Grease is a pipes worst enemy. Many homeowners casually pour their old, used grease from cooking down the drain. This is the worst thing you could do. That grease will eventually turn solid which creates a blockage in your pipes. If this happens, you will need to have your pipes hydro-jetted.
The Warning Signs To Look For Are:
- You see raw sewage backing up into your drain, toilet or bathtub
- Gurgling sounds coming from the pipes
- You see water around the floor drain in the basement
- If water backs up into the shower or bathtub when using the washing machine
- Reoccurring clogs or multiple clogged drains
- Slow drains
- Sewer odors
Looking for the Best Hudson County Sewer Line Cleaning?
If you’ve got a clogged drain, Richie ‘D’ Drain Cleaning, LLC is a trusted and reliable drain service company that services to the Bergen County and Hudson County area. Some service towns include North Bergen, Harrison, Hoboken, Union City, Jersey City, West New York, Hackensack, Rutherford, Lodi, Englewood, Bayonne, and many more. For more information, contact us at (201) 583-9339 or visit our website.